Many people dream of owning a luxury log home, but there are a lot of misconceptions that surround these homes; those regarding the strength of the home, the maintenance and more. So much so that it has caused hesitation for some that were planning to have a luxury log home for themselves. Instead of living in the luxury Log Homes Alpine of their dreams, they end up getting a traditional home since they didn’t want to experience any trouble when it fact many of their fears are myths.
Luxury Log Homes Myth #1;
One of the most common fears of owning luxury log homes is the regular maintenance that it would require over the course of many years; the settling of the logs might create problems like gaps and such. If you’re cutting the trees to be used on your own when build a log home, this will like happen. But thanks to modern day technology, log homes are built by Log Home Builders Idaho with the use of well-seasons log which are pre-cut to shape even before they’re used. Not only that, but the majority of professionals who provide the specific kind of logs stock only the fine and rot-resistant kind of wood; they can withstand insects and the elements.
Luxury Log Homes Myth #2;
Luxury log homes can cost thrice as much as any luxury home. Well, this myth will depend on the kind and appearance that you’re aiming for. They cost as much as you’re willing to invest into your new luxury log home. When using the good pre-shaped and pre-cut manufactured wood it wouldn’t cost as much as you might think unless you want to build a mini castle with them. Traditional homes need layers upon layers of material; the frame of the house, shielding, siding, insulation and more. On the other hand, log homes only need the log and you basically have the siding, insulation and framework in one material. Check out this website at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the-most-beautiful-cabins-on-zillow_us_565dde0ee4b08e945fecbc0e for more info about log houses.
Luxury Log Homes Myth #3;
It’s widely believed that log homes are extremely difficult to finance, this myth may be true for certain cases. A handful of banks view log homes as unwanted risks since they don’t fully understand how log homes are built. But keep in mind that there’s no real shortage if you’re looking for national lending companies or even local banks that are willing to finance them; this is especially true for places where log homes are not uncommon. Many of these establishments are already comfortable with the idea of a log home and are happy to help.
A log home is a house that is primary built of logs. This type of home is not as sophisticated as most homes of today which are usually built of materials such as stones, blocks, asbestos among others. However, the log home has stood the test of time tracing its roots back many years. It has also continued to be built though at a lower scale than it was built many years ago. The fact that log homes are built of logs should not be used to infer that they are not comfortable. On the contrary, well built log homes are very comfortable.
How are Log Homes Idaho constructed in the modern day? First of all, it should be understood that the use of logs has not changed or logs have not been replaced with other materials. You should first ensure that you select the best types of logs for such a house. Hardwood trees such as camphor offer the best logs for this house due to the fact that they are durable. After selecting the logs, split them horizontally ensuring that the splitting is done with a high degree of precision. Logs that have not been split well may not fit well into each other hence posing a problem during construction.
The next phase includes selecting the place for constructing the house. This might not be the same as when one wants to build stone-walled houses. It is important to select a place with a good drainage system bearing in mind that wood can rot when it comes into contact with water. Having selected the place well, proceed to interlock the split logs carefully ensuring that there are no spaces left in between. It might be important to use the services of a construction worker who is experienced in building using logs. Know more about log houses at http://www.ehow.com/about_5341409_advantages-log-homes.html.
A small foundation might be necessary though not at all times. The logs should be laid horizontally ensuring that they are on one straight vertical elevation. The ends of the logs are usually notched together with great precision so as to ensure that they hold tight for durability. This also helps in giving the house a good look. Nailing is used in the modern world though it was not used in the past. Nailing however makes the house or cabin long lasting.
The roof of the log house can be made of wood or rafters though modern day constructions can also have iron sheets. However, rafters give the log house a good look. Some states of America still have log homes in the modern day. The state of Idaho is a case example where log home builders have come up with sophisticated ways of making Log Homes appealing. There are also entertainment places which use log houses since they offer a cooling effect especially during hot summers.
Home is a number one priority for most people all over the world. It provides shelter during the night. It keeps people safe and secure while sleeping or if there is a bad weather outside. As such, millions of homes are constructed on different countries. And there are different types of houses as well as the materials used for the construction of the house. One of the oldest types of houses ever constructed is a log home. It basically consists of logs which are properly designed to construct a house. And even though there are new types of houses being used today, there are still a lot of people who prefer to live in a log house. Here are the benefits of having a log home.
- Last for a long time – Contrary to popular belief, Log Homes Sandpoint last for a very long time. With the right log material, a log home has no problem lasting for more than a century. In fact, there is a building in Russia made of logs that has been constructed centuries ago and still in great condition.
- Blend in the environment – A concrete house surrounded by trees certainly stands out. This is because it is unnatural for a concrete to be surrounded by trees. However, a log home perfectly fits nature. It blends in an environment full of trees, flowers and other plants. This is the main reason most Eco reserves construct log cabins instead of a concrete building. Learn more about log houses at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Log_house.
- Great natural insulation – Unlike concrete house which gets very hot during summer and very cold during winter or night time, log home maintains an inside temperature for ideal living conditions. This means that the inside is warm enough but not hot all day and all year. Aside from the temperature control, log home is also a natural sound insulation. As long as the home is perfectly sealed, the noise from the outside is not easily heard inside. This is perfect for those who want to rest during daytime.
- Withstand severe weather conditions – If you think concrete is the best type of house to withstand severe weather conditions, you might think twice on that. There are a lot of concrete houses which are destroyed due to extreme weather conditions like hurricanes and falling trees. However, log homes are suitable to withstand severe weather conditions. There was a log home where a big tree fell on it. The log home was perfectly fine after that.
- Easy to build – If cut perfectly and designed ingeniously, log homes are easier to build compared to other types of houses. You can have one done in just a couple of weeks.
Isn’t log home a great home to have? You can hire the best Log Home Builders Flathead Lake here.